5. Wrap the end of the orangewood stick in cotton and apply cuticle remover to the blunt end. Use it to loosen dead skin from around the nails.
6. Use scissors on hangnails only. Never cut cuticles.
7. Make sure your nails are free from polish and are clean and dry. If you don't wear polish, simply buff your nails lightly lengthwise from the base to the tip and you're finished.
8. Wipe nails again with polish remover to make sure you get rid of any traces of oil moisture or soap.
9. For normal nails apply a clear base coat to the entire surface of each nail. If you have problem nails use nail hardener instead.
10. Apply nail polish using 3 strokes, one from the centre base to the tip and one on each side. Use only enough polish to do one nail at a time. Don't redo while wet.
11. When the first coat is completely dry (about ten minutes) apply a second coat.
12. Finish with a coat of sealer for added protection and allow to dry for at least 30 minutes. Avoid contact with water until nails are completely dry.
Try on one of these 5 Top Nail Trends for Spring/Summer 2011
|Sally Hansen Complete Spa Makeover in Baracudda and Priti NYC in Forget Me Not|
|American Apparel SummerPeach|
|O.P.I. Lucky Lavender|
MAC Champale Nail Polish in Very Important Platinum