1. Preparation – Think ahead and have an outfit ready for every occasion – especially those of an unexpected nature. You never know when you will have to show up for some unplanned event. If you haven’t prepared you’ll have nothing to wear. For example, if you were invited on short notice to a wedding or a special event would you have something suitable in your closet? Would you have the right accessories? The right color hose?
2. Streamline Your Wardrobe - Start by keeping only those clothes in your closet that you wear. Get rid of anything that you have not worn in a year and store clothes that are off-season. Secondly, organize your wardrobe so you can easily see items that go together or put one or two outfits together on one hanger for those times that you are in a hurry.
3. Wear the Right Colors – You will look healthier and more vibrant instantly when you wear colors that suit your skin tone.
4. Don’t Forget Makeup – Would you make a birthday cake and not decorate it? Don’t dress up and not wear makeup. A touch of makeup is the ‘icing on the cake’ of a well groomed woman.
5. Get a Great Hairstyle – A great hairstyle is one that suits your face shape, is a color that complements your skin tone and is easy to maintain.
6. The Mirror Test – Before you leave home check your image in a full length mirror to get a head-to-toe look and make sure that everything is in place.
7. A Great Attitude – Don’t leave home without it. How you react and how you think are portrayed by your attitude. You can look picture perfect but if you don’t treat people with respect how you look doesn’t matter.