When temperatures drop we need to dig out our hosiery. Since we are almost into the third month of winter you either have your hosiery under control or you are totally frustrated. If you are the type who never thinks about what you will wear the next day you probably, on occasion, have been irritated because you didn’t have the right color hose, the right type or no hose you could wear.
When you organize your hosiery you will never have this problem again. A large part of being well dressed is being organized, starting with your hosiery. Here are a few tips to get your hosiery under control.
1. Take inventory: Get rid of every pair of hose, tights, and socks you don’t wear, is too worn to wear and toss socks that don’t have a match. Make a list of what you need and restock.
2. Separate and Label: Separate your hose by color and store in zip lock bags. Separate your socks and tights by color and style and store in separate bags.
3. Keep the Wrapping: When you find a style of hose you like keep the packaging so you’ll know what to buy next time.
4. Buy the Same Brand: When you buy the same brand of socks and the washer eats them you will always be able to find a buddy for the lost sock.
5. Have Extras: If by some chance you get too busy and your supply gets low or you forget to do a wash, it helps to have extra pairs of hosiery, tights and socks ready.
When it comes to being well-dressed it is also important that you wear hosiery that coordinates with your outfit. Rethink wearing and hosiery that makes your legs stand out, such as bright colors, white or lace. Even though there are times when such hosiery can work, those times are seldom. In most instances wearing this type of hose is not flattering.