Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Every morning when you leave your home you deserve to feel great about what you’re wearing. This doesn’t mean that you have to be dressed in expensive or designer clothing; it does mean that you will have chosen a clothing style that suits you and is in a color that makes your skin glow.
To jazz up your style start with:
1. Getting to know the colors that look great on you. When you wear colors
that suit your skin tone your skin looks more radiant, fine lines, dark circles and wrinkles are less apparent. Wearing the wrong colors (a mistake many women make) will make your skin look sallow, drab and lines and wrinkles will stand out. Before you purchase an outfit be sure the color will make your skin look radiant. If you are one of those women who always buy the same color, use that color as a starting point and add a few colors at a time (from your color palette) to create interest in your wardrobe.
2. Wearing clothes that are flattering for your body shape: Choose clothes that bring out your positive features. Get to know your body shape and choose the styles that are best for it. When your clothing purchases are based on how the garment affects your body shape getting dressed is a thrill. Choosing the styles that suit your shape will make you look thinner, taller and younger. If you are wearing the wrong clothing styles you will look larger, frumpy and matronly.
3. Choosing accessories that complement your outfits. Accessories such as scarves, handbags, shoes, gloves and necklaces will bring any outfit alive – accessories have jassability!
4. Bringing the whole look together. Now that you have the right colors, style and accessories your hairstyle and makeup cannot be overlooked. Makeup should match in occasion and color. For example, lighter lipstick, eye shadow and blush for day and darker for evening. Lipstick and blush colors should be in the same color family (cool or warm) as your outfit. Your hairstyle should complement the color of your skin and also be in harmony with what you are wearing.
5. Creating a smart image with a winning smile and attitude. A genuine smile makes you appear more approachable. Those who treat others with respect and respect themselves are on the way to creating an image that is impeccable.
©Copyright 2006 Sheila Dicks
Sheila Dicks is an Image and Wardrobe consultant who helps women feel more confident by dressing to suit their body type. To get tips on how to dress slimmer and look fabulous visit her website at Sheila's Fashion Sense.
Monday, October 02, 2006
One of the secrets of great looking legs is a fabulous pair of heels. The right heels will make your legs look longer, leaner and more graceful.” Well that’s great,” you say, “but how do I walk in them”? Many women like the look of high heels but stay away from them because they find them difficult to walk in and they don’t feel comfortable.
You can learn to walk in heels, feel comfortable simply by following these suggestions:
1. Buy the Right Size: Your shoes should not be tight enough that they pinch your feet and cause blisters, nor should they be big enough to slip off. Consider the height of the heel. Shoes that are 2 inches high are much more comfortable will be much easier to get used to than stilettos.
2. Get Used to Your Heels: Before you take to the streets in your new heels (especially if you have always worn flats) wear them around the house to get used to them. Wear them for a half hour a day for a few days on a flat surface (not on carpet).
3. Learn How to Walk: Start with your toes pointing straight ahead and keep your legs close together. If you are used to walking with your toes pointing outward this might take a little practice. Start by stepping on your heel, rolling smoothly onto the ball of your foot. Swing your arms as you walk, pay attention to your posture and look forward.
Men's Fashion 101