1. Go to work prepared. When you wear a skirt keep a pair of hose with you in case you get snag or run. Also, keep a pair of high heels at the office for unexpected after work invitations.
2. For the office or travel have a second set of cosmetics. You won’t need to have everything, just enough to do touch ups.
3. Clothing worn a little loose will make you look thinner. Clothing that is too tight is uncomfortable and will make you look larger.
4. Iridescent shadows will bring attention to sagging lids or wrinkles. Choose a shadow that has a matte finish.
5. A great suit will give you instant authority. Choose one in a classic style that fits well and suits your body type.
6. The wrong shoes can ruin your image. Choose a pair that is compatible your look and has a heel that will allow you to walk with a confident stride and not throw you off balance.
7. To feel your best, if possible schedule all your important meetings for mornings when your makeup is the freshest. If you do have an important meeting later in the day, retouch and refresh your makeup around noon.
Sheila Dicks is an Image and Wardrobe consultant who helps women feel more confident by dressing to suit their body type. To get tips on how to dress slimmer and find your best styles get a copy of her ebook “Image Makeover” at http://www.how-to-dress.com or go to http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com to get the Free Report “ 7 Things Your Girlfriends Won’t Tell You About Beauty and Fashion”.